Monday 27 July 2015

World Hepatitis Day 2015

Well here we are again, the eve of World Hepatitis Day. Whilst I have not posted on here for quite a while, I have kept up the hep c awareness each year since clearing the virus, last year it was Helvellyn via Striding Edge...


This year its either Kinder Scout or Win Hill depending on how my knee holds up on the day lol.


I turned my focus to drug recovery after coming off the methadone that helped me through the 5 yrs it took to do two rounds of hep c treatment, I ended my script three months after completing the 3 Peaks Challenge, on the day after my birthday ( best birthday present I ever gave myself.)


Walking gave me a focus during hep c treatment, walking up mountains took it to another level. I could have never imagined that I would find it so enjoyable, its something I shall continue to do for as long as my body will allow.


So please, if you read this post, help me by sharing the blog, so others may see its never too late to turn your life around and if your wondering about getting tested, just do it ! There are lots of services around the country offering free hepatitis c testing tomorrow 28.7.15,  check out 'Addaction' they are all over the country and are testing tomorrow.


My walk celebrates the process of treatment and recovery, from hep c and addiction, after 30 years I am thankfully clear of both, I wish the same for you !




Peace







No comments:

Post a Comment